Ballet Folklórico Las Américas
Ages0-15 months 15 months - 2 years 2-3 years 4-5 years 6-8 years 9-12 years Adults & kids together
Enjoy this vibrant cultural performance from Ballet Folklórico Las Américas, filled with colorful costumes and lively music. Be sure to stop by the Kids' Hall Alcove, to learn more about Mexican customs and traditions.
- Sept. 14: 6:30 p.m.in Kids' Hall Alcove
- Sept. 16: 2:30-3 p.m. in Brown Auditorium.
- Elena of Avalor: Crowned ruler Elena of Avalor journeys to the Children's Museum of Houston. Stop by and meet this courageous Latina princess!
- Event Time: Sat., Sept. 16 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Kids' Hall Alcove.
- Mariachi Juvenil: Enjoy the dynamic sounds of a Mexican celebration!
- Event Time: Sat., Sept. 16 from 2 to 3 p.m. in the Brown Auditorium.
- Grito Reenactment: Watch as we reenact the “Grito de Dolores”— the cry for Mexico’s independence.
- Event Time: Sat., Sept. 16 from 2:15 to 2:30 p.m. in the Brown Auditorium.
- Printing Money: Get in touch with your creative side and learn how to design your own unique money at Alexander Art Academy.
- Saving the Planet Saves Money: Learn how much money you could save by doing small things to help the environment at EcoStation.
- Environmental Job Matching: Play a matching game where you pair the environmental scientists' tasks with their equipment at EcoStation.
- Save Now, Spend Later Bank: What do you want to save up for? Create your own special bank to save your money at Junktion.
- Build Your Own Crown: Get inspired and build your very own Lego® crown at Junktion.
- Origami Wallet: Fold your own wallet using traditional Japanese techniques at Junktion.
- Galactic Storytime: Come celebrate the end of our Sci-Fi Summer with our galactic story time at Parent Resource Library.
- Bank It: Roll the dice! Make decisions on whether to save or take a risk in order to fill up your piggy bank at Math Cart.
- Counting Cards: Pick any card and explore the relationships between their numbers at Science Station.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Using red cabbage juice and other food products, you will learn how to test the liquid in a cabbage for analyzing pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- Iron in Cereal: Explore how to test iron in your morning cereal and learn about the important role iron plays in the human body at Power Science Lab.
- Testing Proteins: Test for proteins in different foods using a special technique known as Piotrowski's test at Power Science Lab.
- Oily Fats: Learn how to compare fat levels in different cooking oils at Power Science Lab.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.