Ages0-15 months 15 months - 2 years 2-3 years 4-5 years 6-8 years 9-12 years Adults & kids together
SEPT. 14: STORYWALK
We're walking on sunshine this September... with books! Join the Children's Museum and Phillips 66 as we step outdoors and leap into books from 5 to 7:30 p.m. on Free Family Night! This hands-on literacy experience will give you the tools to jumpstart your child's reading by giving practical tips and insights on language development and home activity ideas.
- International Dot Day: Discover the power and potential of creativity as we create a work of art to celebrate International Dot Day at Alexander Art Academy.
- Field Guide to Native Plants: Create your own book to help you identify plants commonly found in the Houston area at EcoStation.
- My Story Rocks: Come join us and make your own story using picture stones, arranging them on a story board at EcoStation.
- Papel Picado Flag: Use papel picado to design an independence flag in Junktion.
- The Little Lizard: Create your own lizard who searched for the sun after reading The Lizard and the Sun tale at Junktion.
- Flower Crown: Design a colorful flower crown inspired by Mexican painter Frida Kahlo during the Mexican Independence Day celebration at Junktion.
- Galactic Storytime: Blast off to far away worlds and journey with us during Galactic story time at Parent Resource Library.
- Cabbage Chemistry:Using red cabbage juice and other food products, you will learn how to test the liquid in a cabbage for analyzing pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- Iron in Cereal: Explore how to test iron in your morning cereal and learn about the important role iron plays in the human body at Power Science Lab.
- Testing Proteins: Test for proteins in different foods using a special technique known as Piotrowski's test at Power Science Lab.
- Oily Fats: Learn how to compare fat levels in different cooking oils at Power Science Lab.
***Activities, events, and times subject to change.