Explore Abilities Day
We have a host of activities for both caregivers and kids, including a dance workshop with the Houston Ballet, story times, therapy dogs and much more! Doors will be closed to the public. There will be no music and sound-reducing headphones will be available. Outside food and drinks will be allowed (Fresh Café will be closed).
- Success on the Spectrum: Daisy Rios will lead four social thinking story times.
- Event time: 10:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. in Parent Resource Library
- Houston Ballet’s Creative Movement: Teaching artist Katey Tidwell will help you dance and move through focus and balance exercises.
- Event time: 10 a.m. to noon in New Kids’ Hall
- Lighthouse Learning Resources: We have a host of activities for both caregivers and children.
- Event Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in PowerPlay Alcove
- Faithful Paws: Six therapy dogs will be at the Museum to interact with kids.
- Event time: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Tree Top
This exclusive event includes the following modifications:
- Doors will be closed to the public
- Less crowded environment free from unnecessary distractions
- No music will be playing on the overhead audio systems
- Extra visual signage for safety
- Specialists on hand for consultation and extra fun activities
- Sound reducing headphones, ear defenders and sunglasses available on loan
- Designated quiet rooms will be available
- Families are allowed to bring in outside food and drinks (Fresh Café will be closed)
Admission is just $5, and FREE for members! To register, please contact Lydia Dungus at (713) 535-7238.