I Have A Dream WonderWeek
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. dreamed for us to live in a world where we would “not be judged by the color of [our] skin, but by the content of [our] character.” Visit the Museum during our I Have a Dream WonderWeek, where Martin Luther King, Jr., is celebrated and remembered with special events and activities. Don’t forget about your own dreams!
- Dream of a World: How would you change the world? Lend a helping hand with this MLK Day inspired art creation at Alexander Art Academy.
- Reduce Reuse Recycle: Learn how to make the world a better place by learning important disposal lessons in a fun sorting game at EcoStation.
- Texas Endangered Species Postcard: Help the environment by making an endangered postcard to share with friends and family at EcoStation.
- Matchbox Microphone: Assemble a working microphone and learn about the contribution inventor James West made at Science Station.
- Dream Clouds: Share your dreams of changing the world at Junktion.
- Peace Doves: Create a world symbol of peace at Junktion.
- Star Promise: Take the pledge to be kind and fair at Junktion.
- Martin Match: Create a heart tessellation so that you can share it with the world at Math Cart.
- Starch Testing: Discover the importance of starch in your diet and test for its presence in common household items at Power Science Lab.
- Neutralization Reaction: Observe a neutralization reaction and learn how our body's digestive system works at Power Science Lab.
- Cabbage Chemistry: Find out how to test the liquid in a cabbage for pH levels at Power Science Lab.
- DNA Extraction: Learn about the building blocks of life and DNA extraction at Power Science Lab.
***Activities, events and times subject to change.
The event has already taken a place at this date:
Free with general admission