1001 Avenida de las AmericasHouston , TX , 77010
Phone: 713-853-800029° 45' 7.7112" N, 95° 21' 28.2096" W
The George R. Brown Convention Center opened on the east side of downtown Houston on September 26, 1987. The building was named for internationally recognized entrepreneur, engineer, civic leader, philanthropist George Rufus Brown (1898-1983), who donated six of the 11 blocks necessary to build the GRB. The first convention held in the George R. Brown was the American Society of Travel Agents in October 1987.